Looking for a Red Dead Redemption 2 guide? Rockstar’s newest title is a massive Western adventure with a witty new protagonist, revolutionary new systems and a few familiar faces to boot.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at how to get the best out of Red Dead Redemption 2, as well as taking a closer look at the map, what weapons to look out for and what trophies and achievements you can hope to unlock.
This is your one and only spoiler warning, so head back if you’re not ready for all this Red Dead.
You can check out our review of Red Dead Redemption 2 here, as well as some spoiler-free things you should know before getting started.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-order bonuses
- How to get the pre-order bonus horses, outfits and more
Check out this guide on where to find the pre-order bonuses you were promised.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 map size
- How to unlock fast travel
- Mexico map glitch
A quick overview of the massive map in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Though we’d recommend travelling by horse and using the cinematic camera, here’s how to fast travel if you want to get around the map quickly.
You can unlock Mexico in Red Dead Redemption 2 with a map glitch, but only after you’ve completed the campaign.
Weapons and Gear
- Best unique and rare weapons
- Pirate sword and tricorn hat
- Stone Hatchet
- Mining helmet and bone knife
- Double-action revolver
- Morion helmet and ram skull mask
- Viking helmet, comb and hatchet
- Legend of the East outfit
- How to upgrade the bow and arrows
- How to level up Dead-Eye
- Talismans and Trinkets guide
- Where to find your lost hat, horse or weapons
- How to get the best gear and outfits
Here are all the best weapons you can find in Red Dead Redemption 2.
A pirate sword is just what you need in the old West, so here’s where to find it.
You’ll need to dive back into GTA Online to find this weapon, so here’s how to do it.
Put away that lantern and track down this mining helmet.
This weapon can also only be found in GTA Online and you can follow this guide to get your hands on it.
Like the idea of terrorising the locals whilst wearing a ram’s skull as a mask? Then check out this guide.
Here’s where you can find the Viking gear hidden in Red Dead Redemption 2.
The Legend of the East outfit comes with a tonne of perks, but you better be prepared to work hard for it.
Looking to upgrade your bow and arrows? Then check out our easy guide on how to do it.
Here’s how to level up, refill and upgrade Dead-Eye mode.
Carrying Talismans and trinkets can grant you some special perks, so here’s how to get your hands on them.
Did your hat fall off in a fight or did your horse run away and you can’y find it? Here’s how to get them back.
Want to craft a bear head hat or get some proper reinforced gear? Then look no further than this guide.
- How to brush your horse
- Where to find the best horse
- How to change horses
Quite simply, how to take care of your noble steed.
This guide looks at where to find the elusive white-maned Arabian horse.
Bought a new horse and don’t know how to change it? Check out this guide.
- How to make money fast
- Where to find and sell gold bars
- Gold bar glitch in Limpany
- How to rob trains, open a safe, rob the doctor and more
Money makes the world go ’round, so here’s the best way to earn money fast.
Gold bars are a valuable commodity, so here’s where to find and sell them.
There’s a glitch you can exploit to get unlimited gold bars!
You are an outlaw, after all, so here’s a few alternative ways to make money.
- How to replenish ammo and medicine
- How to upgrade your Camp in Red Dead Redemption 2
- How to uprade your Satchel
It isn’t obvious how to replenish ammo and medicine when you’re at your gang’s camp, so here’s how to get started.
You’ll be visiting your campsite a lot throughout Arthur’s journey, so you’d be wise to keep it in tip-top shape.
Here’s how to upgrade Arthur’s satchel, your horse satchel and what to do when your satchel is full.
- How many chapters are in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Should you kill or spare O’Driscoll?
- How to get the best ending
- How to get 100% completion
This guide looks at the different chapters of the main storyline in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Not a pivotal plot point, but you’ll want to weigh up your choices before making this decision.
Spoiler warning: read on only if you want to know how to get the best ending in Red Dead Redemption 2.
For the completionists out there.
Missions and side quests
- Why do my side missions keep disappearing?
- Wasted in the West: drunk mission
- Dinosaur bones
- Dreamcatcher quest
- Cigarette Card Locations
- Gunslinger quest
- Legendary Fish
- How to get Perfect Pelts
- Where to find animals and what ammo to use for perfect kills
- American Dreams Stranger Quest: How to find all of the killer clue pieces and catch the serial killer
- How to find the vampire in Red Dead Redemption 2
- How to find Marko Dragic and the robot
- The man in the mirror and the creepy painting
We look at the most common reasons why a mission or NPC might have disappeared from view.
There’s a mission where Dutch sends you off to get smashed, and it’s brilliant.
Here’s where to find all 30 dinosaur bones.
There are 20 Dreamcatches scattered across the map for you to find with some interesting loot at the end.
To complete all the sets you’re looking at 144 individual cards. We hope you like collecting.
Here’s our guide on how to complete the Gunslinger questline.
Fancy yourself an angler? Here’s where to find every special aquatic creature in the game.
Only pristine skins will do for most of the top gear in RDR2, so you’ll need to know how to get them every time.
Looking to hunt down all the animals? Here’s where to find the most difficult species and what tools to use on them, as well as a range of hunting tips.
Think you’ve got what it takes to crack the case and catch the killer?
Stock up on garlic, crosses, and perhaps a stake or two before going after this one.
Assist one of the greatest minds in the American west with his latest creation.
A curse, a painting and a creepy hut are all a part of this mystery.
Honor system and bounties
- Wanted: Dead or alive
- How to get rid of a bounty
- How the honor system works
- Simon Miller’s monk kicking antics
As the name suggests, some bounties – yours included – will pay the ultimate price.
Looking to get rid of a bounty so that you won’t be chased by every man and his dog every time you go near a town? Then check out our guide.
The honor system works a little differently in Red Dead Redemption 2, so here’s our guide on all the changes.
Simon Miller went on a rampage in Red Dead Redemption 2 to show that sometimes it’s fun to be bad.
The treasure maps lead to some of the most valuable loot in Red Dead Redemption 2, so here’s how to complete them:
- The Strange Statues treasure quest
- The Jack Hall Gang treasure map
- The Poisonous Trail treasure map
- Le Tresor Des Morts treasure maps and locations
- Shack locations
- Trapper location
- Fence locations
- Where to find the Whisky Tree
- Gang Hideouts
Each shack on this list tells a little story and will add to your overall completion of the game.
Here’s where to find the trapper to get yourself some top gear.
You’ll need a fence to get rid of any hot loot in your pockets.
This tree has some sweet loot hidden in one of its many hanging bottles.
Here’s a map of where you can find all of the gang hideout locations in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Cheats and easter eggs
- Red Dead Redemption 2 easter eggs
- NPC routines
- How the world evolves around Arthur Morgan
- Cheats codes: Infinite ammo and more
The list of easter eggs is getting bigger by the day, so here they are in a handy guide.
Just what do all those NPDs get up to while you’re away galavanting?
The world of Red Dead Redemption 2 is constantly changing and evolving as your journey with Arthur progresses.
Want to unlock a whole mess of weapons and ammo and go a little crazy? Fill your boots with these cheats.
Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC and Red Dead Online
- Red Dead Online beta
- Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC rumours
- What we hope to see in Red Dead Online
The Red Dead Online beta is now live, so check out our guide here.
Here are all the rumours we know of about Red Dead Redemption 2’s DLC.
Our wishlist for Red Dead Online
The post Red Dead Redemption 2 guide and walkthrough for Rockstar’s open world western appeared first on VG247.